A car which can deliver 60-70mpg is considered a very economical car, but have you heard of one which can do 134.5mpg?
There’s a new Toyota car due to arrive in July, which can not only deliver the highest mpg ever from a manufacturer, but it can also do 15.5 miles on pure electricity.
Which car is this?
Meet the new Prius Plug-in.
The new Prius Plug-in is a ground-breaking car, offering performance and incredible economy in one. Toyota were the very first to launch hybrid vehicles and other manufacturers actually pay Toyota to learn about hybrid technology! Toyota have created a new “first” in hybrid technology, offering a performance that shadows the competition.
Some highlights of this incredible car:
- £5,000 towards the cost of buying this car from the Government
- Capable of 112mph and 134.5mpg
- Up to 62mph and a distance of 14.3miles on pure electricity
- Think it takes a day to charge an electric car? The Prius Plug-in only takes 90 minutes.
- The car can be charged by a conventional 3 pin socket and 230v power supply
- You can set the charge to happen on a timer, to take advantage of when your electricity is at its cheapest rate (for e.g. if your electricity is cheaper at 2am than 5pm, then you can plug it in and set it to charge at 2am)
- Very low CO2 emissions of just 49g/km
The new Prius Plug-in is the ultimate car to have if you’re looking for comfort, space, economy and high-end technology. Other key specifications include:
- Rain sensing wipers
- Head-up display (you choose which information is displayed on the windscreen for ease of use)
- Heated seats
- LED daytime running lights
- LED headlamps and washers
- Toyota Touch and Go Plus system (with sat nav, rear view parking camera, MP3/iPod, bluetooth or USB connection, online Local Search, on-screen display of contacts and calendar with text-to-speech feature, and so much more..)
- Smart Entry and Smart Start (keyless feature; the car senses your approach and opens)
- 8 JBL speakers for premium surround sound
Here are some images of the new Prius:
Additional to this, Toyota has partnered with British Gas.
This means that British Gas will conduct a free no-obligation survey of your home or work premises to assess if your existing power points are suitable for the new Prius. If they aren’t, a dedicated charging socket is available (pictured above) with prices starting from just £275.
Including the £5,000 Government Grant, the new Prius Plug-in costs just £27,895.
Not sure how to drive hybrid cars or what they’re like to own? Take a look at our hybrid FAQ page! If you have a question which isn’t on there then feel free to contact us for more information.
Interested in arranging a test drive of the new Prius Plug-in? Give us a call and we’ll book you in, on 01782 608579.
We also have fantastic offers for fleet customers, contact Alison Woodhouse for further information on our special rates, email@example.com or 01782 608579.
Tagged: highest mpg car Stoke, new Prius, new Prius Stoke, new Prius Stoke on Trent, new Toyota Stoke, Prius plug in launch, Prius plug in launch Stoke, Prius plug in Stoke, Prius plug in Stoke on Trent, Prius plug in test drive, Prius plug in test drive Stoke, Prius Plug-in, Toyota Stoke